Did you know that termites cause significantly more damage to homes in Australia than fire, floods and storms?
With 1 in 3 homes being affected by the unwanted household pests, don’t wait for your house to crumble. Take action today and give ASAP Building and Pest Inspections a call!
It’s no surprise that these timber-munching pests affect all types of households, however here in South East Queensland, we’re much more prone to termite damage due to the hot and humid environment. Termites tend to build nests in warm areas between walls, stairs and floorboards which is why old timber properties throughout Queensland make an ideal breeding ground for the unwanted pests.
At ASAP Building and Pest Inspections, we understand that a family home is much more than just a living space – it is an investment for your future. Whether you live in a century old Queenslander or a brand new home, all buildings are susceptible to termite damage. Our qualified team at ASAP care about the longevity and quality of your family home and will work to ensure that it is protected years to come.
By arranging a pest inspection with ASAP Building and Pest Inspections, you can rest assured that you will receive a premium quality service delivered by our qualified team of professionals.
So, how do our termite inspection services work?
1. Enquire: Our fast turnaround rate means you’ll get a fast response from our friendly team who will arrange a meeting time to inspect your property. Whether it’s a pre-purchase inspection or a regular inspection for your family home, every job is equally valuable to us and our reliable team will ensure your home is safeguarded, before it’s too late.
2. Report: Our qualified technicians will come to your property and conduct a thorough report on the condition. The extensive report will take roughly one to two hours to allow enough time to thoroughly examine the building internally and externally. The report will include the detailed findings from our qualified inspectors, including additional notes and photographic evidence.
3. Findings: All of our findings are then passed onto you for further perusal and the next step is up to you. The report will give you the necessary information to make an educated decision about what course of action to take. There is no fine print writing or hidden costs; we will provide you with the findings and our expert opinion and leave the decision making up to you.
Using the latest technology on the market, including thermal imaging cameras. If you’ve got termites eating into your floorboards, walls, stairs, our innovative technology will help to detect termite activity, potentially saving you time, stress and money in the long run.
A common question among many termite-affected homeowners is why they were unable to detect their termite problem sooner. Unfortunately, termites are barely visible and can only be detected by a trained eye using the appropriate equipment. Surprisingly enough, the most expensive termite related damage is most commonly the problems that could have been easily prevented or resolved if detected sooner.
While in between annual termite inspections, here are a few helpful tips to follow to ensure your home is termite-free:
- Ensure venting is not blocked. Proper airflow keeps the area dry and less attractive to termites.
- Fix all leaking pipes or water damage around the house promptly. As termites are attracted to moist soil, ensure all drainage pipes from hot water systems, air conditioners and leaking taps are not dripping into the soil at the base of the perimeter.
- Don’t store unwanted wood up against the home.
- Don’t be fooled by the old folk’s tale that termites will only go for timber homes – brick homes are also susceptible to termite damage. Gaps between the bricks allow ventilation and moisture to escape. Ensure the weep holes are kept clear of concrete, dirt, garden mulch or any obstruction that would allow termites to gain entry without being detected. ASAP Building and Pest Inspections recommend you maintain a debris free inspection zone of at least 75mm below your weep holes.
Don’t forget, prevention starts now. A small one-off cost today could save you hefty expenses involved with restoring your termite ridden home in years to come. Think ahead, think now!
If you’re concerned about your family home being attacked by a colony of unwanted pests or you are overdue for your annual termite inspection, then look no further than our qualified and attentive team at ASAP Building and Pest Inspections.